The current fourth edition of B.M. Gandhi’s Indian Penal Code revised by Dr K.A. Pandey is an authoritative commentary on the subject. The author has thoroughly revised and updated this work incorporating the latest statutory and case law developments.
The following are the notable features of this new edition:
- Analyses the provisions of the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013, which made substantive changes to the penal provisions affecting women and children.
- Aggravated forms of offences and their cognate offences have been grouped together for easy grasping.
- Contains recommendations of Law Commission of India and important committees with respect to IPC.
- Contains relevant provisions of connected legislations to impart a complete knowledge. For example, criminal liability of a child has been discussed vis-a-vis the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015.
- A new appendix on victimology and rights of victim has been added.
- Incorporates the latest thinking on the various aspects of criminal law.
- Prominent cases and principles included in a Box.
- Overview at the start of each chapter prepares the reader to easily learn and conceptualise things discussed in the chapter.
- Publisher : Eastern Book Company
- Author : Kumar Askand Pandey
- Edition : 4th Edition, 2017, Reprinted 2020
- ISBN-13 : 9788194284888
- ISBN-10 : 9788194284888
- Language : English
- Binding : Paperback
- No of Pages : 1152